Re: [TowerTalk] ant alum

To: Greenacres113@aol.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ant alum
From: Dino Darling <k6rix@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 10:42:24 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
Most aluminum houses or tubing supply houses can help you.  Texas Tower also
sells telescoping aluminum tubing.

You want .058 wall tubing in 1/8" increments...  3/8, 1/2, 5/8, 3/4, 7/8, 1, 1
1/8, etc.  They normally come in 12' lengths.  Another suggestion is to get a
little thinner wall for your outside elements.  In other words, if your last
(outside) element is 1/2" and you are NOT going to telescope anything in it,
you can get .049 wall and save some money and weight.  If wind is a problem
where you live, then I would stick to the thicker wall!

I personally like 6061-T6.  There has been a movement to 6063-T853.  This
aluminum is beautiful which is why it is classified as "furniture grade".  It
is not allowed in aircraft production.  I'm not sure why there is a move to the
6063, but my guess is price.

Dino - K6RIX