Re: [TowerTalk] Center on Pad of Rohn SSV

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Center on Pad of Rohn SSV
From: "Doug Rehman" <rehman@surveil.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 15:06:45 -0400
Don N8DE wrote:

> If the pad is round .. the triangle MUST be equidistant from
> all edges, unless the triangle is NOT an equilateral triangle.

Assuming the base is properly centered, this is true for towers that are
straight (top width is the same as bottom width). For towers that taper,
true for some, false for others. The below ground base stubs for my windmill
tower follow the angle of the tower taper (the stubs are not vertical in the
hole, they are angled); this results in the stubs not being centered at the
top or bottom of the hole. (This is per the manufacturer's diagram.)

Doug
K4DDR