[TowerTalk] Suburban House Hunting Advice Needed

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Suburban House Hunting Advice Needed
From: Kelly Johnson <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 20:38:33 -0700
My wife and I plan to move.  My options are limited by my need for a
short commute to my job.  I live in Suburbia and need to stay in
Suburbia.  I also want to be able to put up a tower (even if it is
small) and remain an active ham.  I could use advice from those of you
(esp. those in California like me) that have found suitable locations
in Suburbia.  How do you find places with no CC&Rs?  What about those
darn power lines that run through the back yards of most neighborhoods
built in the 50's and 60's (ie. can't put up a decent tower with them
running through the back yard can you?)?  How to find a decent real
estate agent.  Etc.  I'm really finding it difficult to find places
without CC&Rs and/or power line issues.  Any advice?

Sorry for the topic which is only tangentially related to tower
issues, but I didn't know where else to turn.

Please respond OFF the reflector to avoid a non tower thread.  Thanks.