Re: [TowerTalk] The Basics

To: "Ward Silver" <hwardsil@centurytel.net>,"Towertalk Reflector" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] The Basics
From: "W3YY" <w3yy@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 22:45:08 -0000
Ward -

Amen to your comment below!  I've seen this result of this in the workplace,
but have never been able to quite express the cause as well as you have.

Ward N0AX:  Today, I see a fundamental lack of "physical layer" knowledge
(to use the data comm model)
in most students because they don't start their learning on that level any
more.  They start up at the "applications level" and have to work their way
back down.  My personal opinion is that it is easier to learn from physical
up than it is from application down and makes for a more versatile engineer.