Re: [TowerTalk] dumbing down...extra class test

To: "'Thomas Beltran'" <tbeltran@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] dumbing down...extra class test
From: "Steve Gehring" <steveg@mtaonline.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 10:22:44 -0800
Tom,

Yes, I want engineering types on the "Extra Class" portions of the bands.  I
do not want to converse about radio-related subjects with someone who
doesn't have that capability.  I am selective -- not politically correct.
Amateur radio was never supposed to be a radio service for the average
citizen -- devoid of electronic or technically related knowledge.

I believe the FCC has designs on the Amateur Radio service; Amateurs have
and hold valuable spectrum.  Quite frankly, the Nation is running short of
it, especially below 1 GHz.  If the Amateur Service is diminished as a
whole, it'll be much easier for the Government to recommend the reduction of
spectrum access.

I say, "Just wait and see what takes place of the next few years."  I'll be
around to record it all, as I am only 39 years old.

It is sad to see the lifelong hobby I embraced as a teen diminish before my
eyes.

73 de Steve, NL7W
Palmer, Alaska