Re: [TowerTalk] Winch for LM 354

To: N2TU <n2tu@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Winch for LM 354
From: k0dan@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 03:26:50 +0000
Lou...

I assume you are speaking of the winch to raise & lower the sections, versus
the tiltover winch?

If you are speaking of raising/lowering sections, the tower should have a gear
box which makes turning the winch fairly easy, altho slow because the gear
reduction is quite low (you have to put many turns on the pulley to get much
motion out of the winch).

The application lends itself well to electric motor, which of course is how the
tower was originally built.

If you are missing hardware (the winch, the gearbox, the motor) you are going
to be hard-pressed to make an easy & safe operattion out of this.

Do you have a manual for any of the LM series towers? You really need this as a
atrting point.

GL es 73

Dan
K0DAN