[TowerTalk] dealing with insurance dweebs

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] dealing with insurance dweebs
From: "Jim Jarvis" <jimjarvis@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 17:45:56 -0400
W3YY's comments on the topic of treating the adjuster like
a professional need seconding.  I assumed that to be the case,
because I make a practice of treating most folks that way.

My suggestion of third party, arms-length quotations for replacement
assumed you were working on a professional basis with the adjuster.
If you've been short of that...here's an opportunity to redress the
social gaff.  Get him a clean package he can work with, be respectful,
and you'll be happier with the results.

And, if you don't have replacement value coverage....it's past time
to go there.  Doesn't cost that much, in an HO-3 package.

Good luck,

N2EA
jimjarvis@ieee.org