Re: [TowerTalk] insurance FLA style!

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] insurance FLA style!
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 18:48:36 EDT
In a message dated 8/28/05 10:27:45 PM Greenwich Standard Time,
km1r@cshore.com writes:
My homowners never went up due to this claim.

Not sure if this is still the case in 2005 though.

replacement value, give him documentation, don't try to makew a killing on
it, yes, be nice!
Ah, we in Florida sometimes forget what insurance is SUPPOSED to be like.
Some hams in FL have a different story in the last year.

1.  Sustain damage from storm.
2.  Don't report damage for fear of increase in rates or cancellation.
3   Eat the cost of repairs.
4.  Receive cancellation notice from insurance company the following year.
Notice says company is trying to limit exposure to losses in risk areas.  (AKA
FL)
5   Try obtain homeowners insurance from a multitude or sources with no
success.  Insurers refuse to write new homeowners policies for the same reason.
6.  Finally get assigned into Florida State run pool of uninsurables,
currently over one half million.  Pool premiums guaranteed by law to be higher
than
any private policies that are still written in the area.
7  Pay 2 1/2 times what the premium was just one year before.
8  Get POed at self for eating damage repairs, since you would have been
canceled anyway.

Welcome to Insurance 101 in FL.  I hope Insurance 101 will not wind up being
that way next year in LA.  Good luck to all the hams over there!

Bill K4XS