[TowerTalk] Connectors and cable prep tools for Times LMR-400

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Connectors and cable prep tools for Times LMR-400
From: Bob Smith <na6t@na6t.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 00:19:51 -0700
Hi Dick,

I have to dis-agree with the comments about Times LMR-400 and the associated
connectors made for the Times LMR-400 by the company of the same name.

Their 'crimp' connectors are great.  They are made for their coax and
fit properly,
(not as others have said they don't) and install quick and clean with the times
tools, locking ring crimper, coax stripper and centerpin 'pointer'.

You do need three tools to install the 'EZ-crimp' fittings, but they
are made for
the job and make installing the connectors a breeze on the LMR400.  You don't
have the problem of bent center pins, etc with the EZ-crimp connector because
the center pin is part of the complete fitting.

Below is the link to download the pdf catalog (1 page) for all the
tools for the
cable and connectors

http://www.timesmicrowave.com/content/pdf/lmr/183.pdf

The only real problem is that the connectors in 1-20packs are a little pricey,
like $4-6@ for N male and $6-9@ for N female.

Hope this helps, I use them all the time

Bob Smith
NA6T
Robert Smith Consulting
"Wireless Installations -- Government, Businesses & ISP's"
F.C.C. Licensed-Commercial & Amateur Services
A.R.S NA6T
ARRL Life Member
1-707-964-4931 w/answering machine
Fort Bragg, California   95437

"On The Air-Conditioned Mendocino Coast, In REAL Northern California"
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Message: 1