Re: [TowerTalk] recommended winch

To: towertalk@contesting.com, rfcdma@spinn.net, ccrum@dot11net.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] recommended winch
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 11:10:43 EDT
In a message dated 9/9/2005 7:35:42 AM Pacific Daylight Time,

>I haven't used it yet but we obtained a capstan winch that attaches to
> our chainsaws.  We are going to try it Saturday to raise sections of
> Rohn 55.   I'll let you know how it works after we try it.

    While a capstan winch is incredibly handy for tower work, I'm wondering
what you're going to attach your aforementioned chainsaw capstan to when using
it. It needs to be mounted very securely on something and not hand-held.

    How are you going to lift a 100# section when there's going to be 200# of
tension on your haul line? Hmm?

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH -