[TowerTalk] Using Clothes Hangers for coax and radial pins/staples

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Using Clothes Hangers for coax and radial pins/staples
From: "Hal Kennedy" <halken@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 07:45:29 -0400
I have often wondered about the electrical effects of steel sod staples.
I pulled up a bunch of radials out at K4JA last December - they had been
in the ground for two years and the sod staples came out of the ground
nice and rusty, as you would expect.  Every junction between the radials
and the sod staples is a crummy, intermittent rectifier.  Meanwhile,
this never seems to hurt anything.  Perhaps the currents are so small -
due to the small size of the sod staples (?) that it doesn't matter?
Still gives me the creeps to fill the yard with rectifier junctions.

Hal

N4GG