Re: [TowerTalk] critter comments

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] critter comments
From: "Jim Jarvis" <jimjarvis@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 22:17:13 -0400
On Sep 8, 2005, at 2:53 PM, Jim Jarvis wrote:

> For the next 4 years, we were overrun by field mice, and had
> to have an exterminator treat the place with poison baits each
> year.  Often wished I'd have been more hospitable to the snake!
> Or knew where to get a replacement.

Get a cat. They eat a lot more than the snake (snakes only need to
eat every 1-2 weeks), will catch rodents just for the sheer joy of
it, and are much nicer as pets.

             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901

Jeez, Bill, NOW you tell me!

'course, my labrador retrievers might have objected to the cat,
but you're quite right about the need-to-feed for snakes.  The
apparent saving grace was....there was a family of snakes...and they
readily went through the mouse-holes in the basement walls.  Cats
couldn't go there.

Water over the dam, in any case.  And the labs were but spectators
in the adventure.   I particularly enjoyed it when they chased one
of the snakes down the hallway to my office, off the entrance foyer.

:)

n2ea
jimjarvis@ieee.org