[TowerTalk] Yaesu GC-048 mast clamp: anyone try it on a G-1000?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu GC-048 mast clamp: anyone try it on a G-1000?
From: Kevin Normoyle <knormoyle@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 13:20:16 -0700
I have some yaesu g-800 and g-1000 rotators.

I was noticing someone commented the lower mast clamps
seems to have the same hole spacing as the top, so the lower mast clamps
Yaesu sells
can be used as replacements if you break a clamp.

Was just looking around, and noticed the Yaesu part GC-048, which is
the similar clamp but for the G-2800. (the next rotator  model up from
the G-1000)

The GC-048 looks like it's been beefed
up relative to the G-1000/800 mast clamp.

You can compare here on page 4, to see where it's beefier:
http://www.vxstd.com/en/products/ama06img/Rotator-EXP_pdf.pdf

When I looked at the manual, it looks like they have the same 84 mm circle
hole pattern though (800/1000/2800)

This might mean that the beefier clamp from the G-2800 could be put
on the G-1000? The bottom flange looks thicker, so could require
longer bolts (which are metric).

Be interesting if anyone has tried this or can verify it.
I just ordered one to try because they're relatively cheap.

-kevin
KE6RAD