Re: [TowerTalk] Radio Shack Tape

To: "AA6DX - Mark" <aa6dx@arrl.net>,"TowerTalk" <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Radio Shack Tape
From: "K8RI on Tower talk" <k8ri-tower@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 15:51:12 -0400
I haven't seen this stuff, but the company I used to work for made a really
nice, thick, red, self vulcanizing silicone tape. The stuff came in 1, 2,
and 3" widths and cost a second mortgage if you had to purchase it.  They
would occasionally have clearances thrugh the company store of the stuff
getting near the cut off date. I used to be able to purchase a lot of really
good stuff that way, but unfortunately austerity programs closed the company
store while retirement has created my own.

The nice thing about the silicone tape was the ability to cut it off with
the parts underneath looking like new.  What this stuff is like I don't
know, but I appreciate the heads up so I can take a look at the local store.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com