Re: [TowerTalk] Chainsaw Winch and Tower Pics

To: "Blake M." <n4gi@tampabay.rr.com>,"tower >> TTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Chainsaw Winch and Tower Pics
From: Dave Fuller <rfcdma@spinn.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 16:50:50 -0600
The winch plate is attached to the stake bed pockets via motercycle
strap.....this would not be safe to winch 1000 lbs but it was fine for
100 lb sections of tower.   Also the big rope is attached to the pull
line with a prussik knot as a safety.   This knot slips on take up and
if something were to fail it would grab and stop the pull line from
going out.  This works similar to a ascender device.   The prussik will
allow you to pay the rope out by simply pulling on the know with your hand.