Re: [TowerTalk] Top hat on mobile usefull?

To: <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Top hat on mobile usefull?
From: "Dudley Chapman" <chief@thechief.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 16:08:29 -0400

Gary,
   Thanks for the clarification.  I forgot that when the energy becomes a
detached EM wave, that that magnetic and electric fields become "mutually
causal".  So given that, then, is a few more feet of effective height on 40m
as important as increasing radiation efficiency?  In other words, if one
could make a heavily top-loaded antenna at the expense of some height, would
it be worth the loss of a few feet?

Dudley - WA1X