Re: [TowerTalk] Interaction between antennas Interaction between an

To: towertalk@contesting.com, "va3pl@cuic.cava3pl"@cuic.ca
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Interaction between antennas Interaction between an
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 17:03:48 EDT
In a message dated 10/5/2005 9:07:17 AM Pacific Daylight Time,

>  I am installing my WARC Cushcraft A3WS + 30M kit 8 feet above my Mosley
CL36.
Should I turn it 90 deg in relation to Mosley or the seperation of 8 feet is
sufficient to heve both booms parallel which is prefered by me.

    Having to turn antennas 90 degrees apart is not very common; the old KLM
4L 40M better seemed to need it but not many other antenna combinations.
Others have commented on the technique to determine whether you need to do it
or
not; mostly you just need to try it.

    My comment is that in my experience Mosley antennas (particularly the PRO
series, I'm not sure about a CL36) are particularly intolerant of any other
nearby antennas. I even had a PRO 67 that didn't like a 2M vertical above it;
way unrelated frequencies and different polarizations didn't matter. YMMV.

Cheers,
Steve   K7LXC
TOWER TECH