[TowerTalk] Boom Splice

To: "towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Boom Splice
From: <jacobsen_5@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 18:06:05 -0500
Hey 'talkers... A while back I found a boom splice for 2" boom someplace on the
net. As luck would have it, I lost/can't remember the web location. (probably
because of the hard drive reformat I had to do...on the computer, not me).  To
describe it, if you took a 12" long piece of 2"id pipe, split it lengthwise
into 3 pieces, 120 deg. each, and then welded ears on each side of each piece
so you can bolt them back together around your boom sections. (Make sense?)
Anyway, anyone else seen this? I think it's an extrusion, abt 1/4" thick. Ummm,
then you can attach your elements to the boom and then the boom to the mast on
the tower: (There, that should make it on topic)
tnx es 73
K9WN  Jake