Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Rope report

To: "TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Rope report
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 15:32:40 -0500
I recommend tarred nylon twine.  See photo at

http://www.dutson.net/transfer/HamRadio/IMG_0664ds.JPG

This is the 440lb size.  We used it during the VP8WWW DXpedition last
November to hold up a Moseley mini33 on a military mast.  We decided to use
two strands because of the notorious high winds in the Falklands.  One day
the winds exceeded 50mph causing the elements to bend back almost 90
degrees.  We expected failure of the guys but all came through without a
problem.

I also have used this at home to hang wire dipoles from trees.  I recently
took down one of these (80m) after 6 years and the twine is still good with
no apparent wear.

This twine is sold in my area at Academy in the fishing supplies section.
It is marketed as trot line.

73, Keith NM5G