Re: [TowerTalk] [Amps] Dedicated 220AC Wiring for Amps..

To: <keith@dutson.net>, "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Amps] Dedicated 220AC Wiring for Amps..
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 20:15:04 -0400
> Perhaps Kirby will be lucky enough to not suffer a direct
hit to the power
> lines, as was likely the case with the massive damage hit.
However, if it
> does happen, he has cut the one last connection that may
prevent the total
> loss of his shack due to incineration.
>
> 73 Keith NM5G

I agree with you Keith. It is very apparent from the post
below Kirby doesn't understand the working of the system,
and has actually made the system worse by removing the very
thing that does 99% of the protecting.

He either had something very wrong with how he wired things,
or most likely (as you say Keith) he now is living on pure
luck. The common bond between entrance grounds mandated by
NEC and common sense should never be removed.

73 Tom

has been