Re: [TowerTalk] grounding

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] grounding
From: "Ivan Makarov" <left@rogers.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 22:10:01 -0400
OK, here is a question - in my house the braker panel is inside the house
in the basement (no outside panel), and it is bounded to the cold water pipe
entrance 15 feet away in the furnice room with a probably #6 stranded wire.
What to do in this case with my coax entrance ground rod , that I just got
into the ground another 20 feet away from the cold water pipe , but on the
other side of the house and outside? What is needed to be bonded to what? If
not to use the rod outside and bond the coax (and the shack ground) to same
water pipe, that would probably invite a lightning right into the house
where it will travel on the coax shield 20 feet before hitting the common
ground which is the water pipe, and everything else on its way. Or should I
cut the panel connection from the pipe and move it to the rod outside, to
where also my coax arrive  on the opposite side of the house?

Ivan
VE3IVM