Re: [TowerTalk] Corrosion-proofing coax connections

To: <dxdx@optonline.net>, "William Q Meeker" <wqmeeker@iastate.edu>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Corrosion-proofing coax connections
From: "K8RI on Tower talk" <k8ri-tower@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 14:43:14 -0400
I use a bit of Silicone grease (DC-4 or DC-5) although there are other makes
out there. Just a thin film on the surfaces will do the job. However don't
get it on the outside surfaces as nothing will stick to it.  I also have
used it in several cases to "flood" connectors at the top of the tower.

DC-4 was designed during WW-II to water proof the ignition connections on
the engines of B-17 bombers to keep them from arcing at high altitude. So
the stuff will withstand very high voltages.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com