Re: [TowerTalk] 80M antenna suggestion

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80M antenna suggestion
From: "Mark ." <n1lo@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 23:36:31 -0400
Hi Richard,
Tell us what you would like to do on 80m. Local nets or ragchews within 2-3
state radius? Stateside, WAS? DX to any particular continent? Do you want
this new antenna to work on other bands to supplement your existing antenna
farm?This will help in narrowing the the choices.

--...MARK_N1LO...--

Richard asks
<<snip...My next project is to get an antenna for 80M.  I have been
investigating several options and want any feedback regarding them...snip...
I have been looking at the following for 80M: a) inverted-V, b) inverted-L,
c)
Delta loop  for 80M...snip...do you  have any suggestions as to which of the
three antennas (or any other you feel might be better) I might have the best
luck with on this tower for 80M? Also, for any of these you might recommend
what suggestions for coupling the coax to the antenna.  Do I need a balun or
direct connection? Thanks much for your generous help, Richard - KJ7CU >>