Re: [TowerTalk] Taking delivery of crankup tower

To: 'Kelly Johnson' <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Taking delivery of crankup tower
From: Steve Katz <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 10:56:17 -0800
Two furniture dollys, one under each end of the tower.  Lay down plywood in
advance along the route (on the ground) so the dolly wheels rotate smoothly
and don't sink into the yard.  When back end of rear dolly clears the
plywood, pick up that piece and lay it down again in front of the forward
dolly.  Two people can move a very heavy tower a hundred feet or so in maybe
15 minutes this way...I know I have, lots of times.  -WB2WIK/6