[TowerTalk] LMR 400 Update

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] LMR 400 Update
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 14:59:41 EST
I just got a very nice call from the boys at Times about the UltraFlex that
crapped out.

The guy didn't seem too surprised that the jacket cracked.  His reply was
"Well it is rubber and maybe the UV in FL is that strong"  They are willing to
replace it with some new stuff that has the jacket the regular LMR 400 has.  I
just need to let them know how many feet I need...free.  Fair enough.

CAVEAT....Don't use LMR 400 flexi if you live in areas of high

By the way, he did not offer to prepare and install the new jumpers....Sigh!

Bill K4XS

PS......BIG BANG= sound your amp makes when the caps let go.