Re: [TowerTalk] The AEA VIA Analyst (long)

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] The AEA VIA Analyst (long)
From: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 00:31:18 -0600
Instead of tearing into your antenna tomorrow, take the day off. It
appears that you have the AEA VIA Analyst set to 75 ohm reference
instead of 50 ohms.  Your plots show a resistance of about 43 ohms and
and SWR of 1.7.  This would be correct if the reference was 75 ohms. (A
case of too many available options?)

Nice plots from that instrument.  For fun I tried to see how closely
EZNEC would match your data.  I got R of 46 ohms at 1.79 MHz using
average ground, (pastoral/heavy clay, .005s/m, diel=13), pretty close.
If I change the ground to something a little better (flat marshy,
densely wooded, .0075 s/m, diel=12), I get 43 ohms, exactly what you
measured.

Jerry, K4SAV