[TowerTalk] End fed Hertz

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] End fed Hertz
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 19:28:20 +0000
<<<By the way, my very first antenna for 80 meters was a Fuchs
antenna, also known as an end-fed Hertz. If you have the
Radio Handbook 15th edition that antenna is on page 426,
right next to the Zepp antennas.  Some names just don't
stick.>>>

the End fed Hertz!  have not heard that name in years.  When my family lived
in the country back in the 1970s and we had room, I had an end fed hertz.
At least, that's what I called it; it may not have really been one.  It was
a  long random length of wire that came directly into the shack where I
tuned it with an L network.   I used it on 80 and 40 and it was okay as i
only ran about 50 w. on cw.   On 20 m. it became the more exotic sounding
"long wire" but that was probably a misnomer too.

rob / k5uj