Re: [TowerTalk] Shunt Feeding, Can this be?

To: "Pat Chiles" <chilesp@adelphia.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Shunt Feeding, Can this be?
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 06:57:45 -0500
Hi Pat - Lynn told me you called, I'd guess about this.  My shunt feed is
similarly flat across much of 160.  Tom W8JI says that does not reflect high
losses, but I'm reasonably sure that losses account for a lot of it.  Anyway,
as you said it does appear to work.

I'm surprised that you were able to cover both 80 and 160 just with adjustment
of the series capacitor.  I would have thought that the tap point on the tower
would be a considerably different impedance on 80 than on 160, and you wouldn't
have been able to tune that out with the series capacitor.

73, Pete