[TowerTalk] PLP GRIPS

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] PLP GRIPS
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 15:33:46 EST
There are guy grips and there are guy grips.  I spoke to the guys at PLP a
couple of months ago and there are basically two kinds of grips.  The cheaper
ones which are designed for short loads up to around 50 feet and are used to
guy
power poles.  The ones you want cost a lot more.  They are the big grips
designed for towers.  The fellow at PLP said DO NOT use the cheap ones on
towers.

As K7LXC says: Prime Directive in effect!

By the way, I still have some 5/16 BIG GRIPS available.

Bill K4XS