Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower Thrust Bearing...

To: towertalk@contesting.com, btheo@mric.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower Thrust Bearing...
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 09:27:38 EST

In a message dated 11/24/2005 8:17:30 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,

>  I'm new to the list; I guess this question has been asked  before related
the proper use of a US Tower TX-455 Thrust Bearing Model  number TB-2US. I'm
using a 3 el SteppIR on a 5 foot mast. When I tighten  the thrust bearing
clockwise it locks itself into place.

    Yep, it's eccentric and that's the theory. It's  not really capable of
taking much of a vertical load - it's meant more for  lateral thrust which it
does okay at.

>  This point do I lift  up on the mast to remove the weight of mast and
antenna
from on top of the  rotor, or do I let the rotor take the full weight. My
rotor is a new M2  (the 90 mph windstorm took out my Yaesu G-800DXA). Any
other suggestions  would be greatly appreciated.

The manufacturer wants the weight of the mast and  antennas ON the rotator so
don't worry about the vertical load in the TB.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Cell: 206-890-4188