Re: [TowerTalk] wind force equation

To: "'Rex Lint'" <rex@lint.mv.com>,"'Matt Berkebile'" <savedbyhisgrace0387@hotmail.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] wind force equation
From: "AD5VJ Bob" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 11:49:51 -0600
Wind has "resultant force" it doesn't have "no force".

The force it has is expressed mathematically as a
resultant force of differential pressures which generate
heating and therefore "work" and has enough "force" to
blow your house down.

Work (heat) can not exist without "force".

Broken down mathematically nothing exists without a form
of "force" which BTW in and of itself doesn't exist at all
(it too is a result)

  73 fer nw,
Bob AD5VJ

10X# 37210, FP#-1141, SMIRK#-5177
http://www.n5iet.com/
Code may be taking a back seat for now,
but the pioneering spirit that put the code
there in the first place is out front of it all.

Rex Lint
> Sent: Saturday, December 03, 2005 10:18 AM
> To: 'Matt Berkebile'; towertalk@contesting.com
> Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] wind force equation
>

> Matt,
>
> See http://www.knmi.nl/samenw/hydra/faq/press.html
>
> Wind doesn't have a "force," it puts pressure on an
area.
> Once you know the pressure and the area, you can figure
out
> the force.  The area depends on shape and geometry.
Good luck!

> Rex - K1HI
>
> Rex Lint, Consultant
> 26 Brek Dr.
> Merrimack, NH 03054
> PH:   603-860-7651    FAX: 603-882-6612

Matt Berkebile
> Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 8:16 PM
> To: towertalk@contesting.com
> Subject: [TowerTalk] wind force equation
>
> Hi,
> my name is matt and i was wondering if you could tell me
some
> equations for
> the force of wind.  I am doing a project on excel with
vectors and
> projectile motion and am having trouble finding an
equation

_______
> Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download
today
> - it's FREE!

http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direc
t/01/

> See: http://www.mscomputer.com  for "Self Supporting
Towers",
> "Wireless Weather Stations", and lot's more.  Call Toll
Free,
> 1-800-333-9041 with any questions and ask for Sherman,
W2FLA.