Re: [TowerTalk] Open wire line no longer the weak link

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Open wire line no longer the weak link
From: "Pat Barthelow" <aa6eg@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 23:54:46 -0800
Steve,

Terminate the incoming transmission line wires with stout bananna plugs, mount corresponding bananna jacks in the plexiglass panel. Use a small amount of silicone dielectric grease on the plugs and sockets to weatherize. We have a plexiglass feed through panel at N6IJ, with such a connection.

73, DX, de Pat Barthelow AA6EG aa6eg@hotmail.com