Re: [TowerTalk] HFTA

To: "Tom McAlee" <tom@klient.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>,"Bill Ogden" <ogden@us.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HFTA
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 15:43:05 -0500
The reason for the piece on the ARRL web page (which I wrote) was to update
things from the documentation on the original CD.  Later editions probably
substitute the updated piece on the CD.

Things have changed a bit even since that update, but the big thing is that
I've discovered a bug in the pages where you can specify an area to download by
digital degrees or Degress/Minutes/Seconds.  In short, you MUST supply the same
number of decimal places as they have in their form - for example, seconds must
be in the format SS.SS.  Digital degrees must have five decimal places, even if
the last one is a zero.  If you don't, you'll get a php error in the page every
time.

The second rub is that if you want to use the graphical way to select your area
by zooming in from the map viewer, you need a display that is at least 1028 x
1024 resolution.

73, Pete N4ZR