Re: [TowerTalk] 40 Meter Dipole Question

To: "Dennis OConnor" <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40 Meter Dipole Question
From: "Merlin-7 KI4ILB" <merlin-7@sc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 18:59:24 -0500
first thing to do is find out if it is open or shorted.
 A simple ohm meter will tell you that .
 If you do not have an ohm meter than use what you do have, to give you an
idea...take a battery charger, hook one side of it up the the shield
(outside) of the coax, connect the pos. side up to the center of the coax
with any 12 volt light that you have handy.
If the light comes on -there is a short, if it does not come on than it is
either working right or it is open.
if open, you would need to check the shield to shield (using the above
method) and the center connector)
 if you need help call me on my cell, 843-478-4217

If long distance charges are a problem, let me know, I will call you on my
dime.