Re: [TowerTalk] End Fed Wire

To: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>,"AD5VJ Bob" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] End Fed Wire
From: ersmar@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 17:48:27 +0000
Bob:

     Another way of saying this is your model needs another wire between the
shack end of your LW and ground.  Then you put a source in this wire.  Make the
vertical wire 6.1M long and put the source at the 10% point from ground in that
wire.  The impedance that the model shows for this feedpoint is the impedance
your tuner must match.

     But Jim is correct - you need a connection to ground/earth for the model
to work.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F

From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>