[TowerTalk] EZ Hang

To: <Towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] EZ Hang
From: "Thomas Tow" <ttow1@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 15:27:13 -0600
I have had a couple of these things.  First, the reels are VERY flimsy and
will strip out VERY easily. I went to Wal Mart and bought a new heavy
pushbutton reel ( about $30-35), with 20 LB test monofilament line and that
worked a LOT better. The reel with it is good for a 5 year old kid fishing
in a farmpond.  It says on the instructions to NOT try to reel the line
in...Duh  If you don't reel it and just pull it into a pile...what a mess.
The reason they tell you NOT to reel it is that the reel is so cheeeeep that
it will strip out in a second with any load on it.  Second, my unit broke in
half this year on field day...so...I have a reel and then I have a handle
slingshot...if someone holds the reel, I do the shooting and it works.  But,
I can do that with just a reel and a cheap slingshot and a friend...It will
cost me more to take this to a welder and pay to have it fixed than it is
worth I suspect. However, with the new reel and when it works it works well.
I have put up many wires in the 50-75 foot range with no problem.   The
other poster says the weights are too light....exactly right...they will NOT
fall down through the tree...Get bigger weights.
Good idea,  Just not built as well as it should be for the bucks they want
for it.   I will probably get mine fixed since I have too much in it now to
just throw it away.  Tommy