Re: [TowerTalk] M2 "Skip Log" vs. SteppIR

To: donovanf@starpower.net, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] M2 "Skip Log" vs. SteppIR
From: Peter Chadwick <g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 16:13:18 +0100 (CET)
 A downside to the Steppir over a log periodic if you happen to be the military
is that it won't allow wide band systems or frequency hopping. If you don't
need that facility, it must offer pretty good advantages to military/commercial
people.
For ham use (which is my only interest), I'm very impressed with the
performance of mine. Price wise, it compares reasonably well with a set of
monobanders, and offers  less wind loading and top weight.
As far as mechanical reliability is concerned, we'll have to wait and see. So
far, the reports suggest it's OK.
73
Peter G3RZP