[TowerTalk] question on distance between 2 towers

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] question on distance between 2 towers
From: "AB2E Darrell" <ab2e@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 22:12:03 -0500
Hello Everyone,
      I would appreciate hearing your thoughts on this. The new QTH I'm
moving to is 3acres in a triangle shaped lot. With careful planning I can
fit a pair of max height 200ft towers, complying with the road setback rules
etc. However, the distance between the 2 towers would be about 135ft. Do any
of you with multiple towers feel this is a sufficient distance of separation
for 2 towers?

I could shorten the 2nd tower some and then I could move it probably another
50ft or so away from the 1st tower, if this would be better.

I know the answer is also probably dependent on what's going on the towers.
If approved, I'm hoping to put a 2 or 3el 80m force 12 on top of the one
tower, and some other combination of stacked Steppirs below the 80 on the
same tower, and a stack of Monstirs on the other tower.
The towers will likely be Rohn 55, with normal triple guys on each.

73 and thanks in advance for any input,
Darrell AB2E