Re: [TowerTalk] topband info

To: <ik3umt@ir3ip.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] topband info
From: "K8RI on Tower talk" <k8ri-tower@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 20:44:28 -0500
From: "Federico Zanini IK3UMT" <ik3umt@ir3ip.net>
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Cc: <topband@contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, January 02, 2006 7:08 PM
Subject: [TowerTalk] topband info

> Hi all,
>
> My station is located in a little city lot , let's say about 115 X 65 ft
> Dream of all hams in my condition is to have somewhat "Magic" antenna to
> work topband DX in a so limited space.
> Can you suggest us best antenna(s) to use ??
> Surely a tx one and a rx one will be used.
> My house is on lot center, tower is 53 feet high, with insulated guy
> wires,
> grounded with two ground rods but i have no way to install any kind of
> radials or other high supports.
> On top there is a hf quadriband yagi with a warc one stacked.
> Preferred way is to have an antenna that doesn't need good ground.
> Other thing to keep in mind : at North, East, South-East and South , there
> are 8mt high , 2 floor houses very close to my garden, will they greatly

Use those houses to support the ends of the antenna? Preferably with the
owner's permission.

Years ago when on a small city lot I had my tribander mounted right at the
rear corner of the garage and on the fence between my, and my neighbors
yards. (with his permission).  The only problem was when they wanted to
watch channel 6 as we weren't even in the coverage area.  Their TV antenna
was pointed SSW at the tri-bander and my tri-bander was pointed NNE at
Europe and their TV antenna when as at the same height.  We worked out a
schedule so I didn't operate 20 when they were "trying" to watch channel 6.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com