Re: [TowerTalk] lightning bolt

To: "Steve Katz" <stevek@jmr.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] lightning bolt
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 16:06:02 -0800 (PST)
I had an LB quad but replaced it with a 2 element SteppIR.
The quad had replaced a KT34, for the reason that it added 17 and 12
meters.  I never would have gotten the quad in the first place if the
SteppIR had been available at the time.  The SteppIR gives me
adequate performance on all bands with minimal visual clutter
for my neighbors with their starter mansions.

There is, IMHO, no reason to have a quad now that SteppIR's are
available, unless you're on a really tight budget.  Perhaps
this is part of the reason for the demise of the quad vendors.

Rick N6RK