Re: [TowerTalk] Comments - Cubex- Lightning Bolt- GEM

To: <CubexCo@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Comments - Cubex- Lightning Bolt- GEM
From: "Don and Diana Cunningham" <wb5hak@duracom.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 09:54:22 -0600
Thanks for your comments, Norm.  Also, thanks for a fine quad that is still
available today!!  I bought a Cubex 4 element, 5 band quad a couple of years
ago, and have had extremely good results with it.  I wanted something
reasonably simple to maintain, with no traps, reasonable coverage of all 5
bands 20 - 10m and one that would survive our Oklahoma winds.  I found all
that in the Cubex quad and more.  My quad recently survived the collapse of
my crankup, telescoped within itself from 65' to 22' in seconds, with no
damage to the quad!!  That's quality parts.  I have no monetary interest in
Cubex, although if I were an engineer like Norm, we might be talking
seriously about his pending sale,  I just appreciate a good, American
company that delivers a fine product and gives excellent support for it.  We
will miss the likes of Lightning Bolt Quads, but let's support those vendors
we do have left!  We are fortunate to have so many fine antenna companies in
one country and whatever our preferences, a good firm can be found to fill
it.  If you still want a good quad, call Norm.  Off the soapbox, hi.
73 all,
Don, WB5HAK