Re: [TowerTalk] Irrigation tubing uses

To: "Barry Fox" <foxbw@comcast.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Irrigation tubing uses
From: "Jim Miller" <JimMiller@STL-OnLine.Net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 09:52:03 -0600
Side bar- Just a war story,

I thought this was FUNNY.  I used a light weight 21 foot chain link fence
top rail to carry on top of my motor home to use as a mast for my 20 element
(10 vertical and 10 horizontal) 2 meter beam and a 2 meter vertical when
camping.  The rotor would stand on a board on the ground with 10 inch spikes
keeping it from sliding and then be anchored to the top of the motor home at
about 9 feet with bungee cord to the awning bracket.  One morning I woke up
to see the end of the beam pointing at the ground and about 10 feet or so
from the ground and the pipe wasn't kinked, just bent in a nice bow.  We
must have had quite some wind that night.  Seeing that was hilarious, to me
anyway.

Sorry, couldn't help it,
73, de Jim KG0KP