Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator at bottom of tower

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator at bottom of tower
From: Steve Maki <steve@oakcom.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 20:56:18 -0500
Hi Stan,

I once tried that very thing with 70' of 1.5" schedule 40 pipe, and was
amazed at how much twist there was in that length of pipe. My antenna
was a 4 el triband quad on a 30' boom. In strong gusty winds the antenna
would swing back and forth at least 30º total.

So I'm pretty sure with a 100' mast and a 48' boom, you will not be a
happy camper.

73,
Steve K8LX