Re: [TowerTalk] Hilti and Erico Products driving ground rods

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hilti and Erico Products driving ground rods
From: W0UN -- John Brosnahan <shr@swtexas.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 09:12:22 -0600
At 01:32 AM 1/25/2006, Kimo Chun wrote:
>I own an older Hilti TP800 medium duty demolition hammer
>(not rotary). The model has since been replaced. I did
>purchase an 8" long bit with a "socket" end to fit over
>a 3/4" ground rod. I don't recall precisely but a figure
>in the $40 to $50 range comes to mind. This was a few
>years ago. Obviously, unless you can rent or borrow a
>Hilti or plan on putting in a lot of rods I'm sure you
>can find a better use for something like $1K.

BTW  The Harbor Freight breaker hammer is usually
available for $359 and it looks AMAZINGLY like the
Bosch one for well over a $1000.  Makes me think they
are made in the same factory or even the same item.
Even the molded plastic handles look identical.  Only
thing I can SEE that is different is the lack of the Bosch
logo.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=46935

I am very pleased with mine for breaking up rocks and for
driving fence posts.

John  W0UN