Re: [TowerTalk] Hygain control box problem

To: "FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com>,"TowerTalk List" <towertalk@contesting.com>,"Antenna List" <Antennas@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hygain control box problem
From: "Floyd Sense" <fsense@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 15:28:49 -0500
My schematic shows another fuse, a 1/8 amp in series with the meter.
There's also a rectifier diode (half wave rectifier), a filter cap, and a
zener diode before that fuse.  Check the fuse and if it's OK, then see if
you have 13 VDC at the fuse.  The meter lamp runs off of the same
transformer secondary, so you know the transformer's OK.  So, it's very
likely one of the components I mentioned.  If you don't have a schematic,
the complete instruction manual with schematic is available for download
from the MFJ (Hy-gain) website for free.

73, Floyd - K8AC