Re: [TowerTalk] 30 Meter Propagation

To: Lee Buller <k0wa@swbell.net>,TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 30 Meter Propagation
From: Red <RedHaines@centurytel.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 14:46:20 -0600
Hi Lee;

I've been recording the critical frequency, F2, (foF2) for nearly a
year, hourly.  MUF is approximately equal to foF2 times the secant of
the take off angle, where the foF2 is the value at the midpoint of a
single hop propagation.

The AVERAGE foF2 for December and January in SE MN peaks at 6.5 MHz at
1800z, drops to 3.7 MHz at 0000z, and to 2.4 MHz at 0400z.  I haven't
calculated the standard deviations, but the range is within ±2 MHz.

I obtain raw data from: http://www.dxers.info/reports/noaa/na_foF2.php

and processed data, experimental,  from http://www.ips.gov.au/HF_Systems/4/3

73 de WOØW