Re: [TowerTalk] rope

To: "Craig Clark" <jcclark@wildblue.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] rope
From: "Dan Hearn" <dhearn@wwnw.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 07:28:31 -0800
I believe that it is also important that the pulley have a large enough
wheel diameter and the groove have a radius which fits the rope diameter.
Otherwise the rope will be flattened as it rolls over the pulley. A local
ham, W7BUD (SK) used Dacron rope to guy a 120 ft tower with 2 full size 4el
20m beams on it. The upper beam used a pipe shaft to the ground mounted
rotator and a TIC ring for the lower one. It was up for at least 10 years at
his hill top location until he passed on. I helped take it down. Needless to
say, none of the locals would climb it but he did frequently.
73, Dan, N5AR