[TowerTalk] rohn 25 questions

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] rohn 25 questions
From: "Gregg Seidl" <k9kl@centurytel.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 19:32:41 -0600
First I want to thank all those who emailed me about the "low" 75/80 meter
rotatable dipole.I thought I would put it on my 432 tower bot then I thought
I should put it on my "back" tower.It is 70 feet of rohn 25, guyed in two
places;32 feet up and 65 feet up.I have a couple of extra sections of Rohn
25 (who doesn't) that I thought I could put up as well and then have a 90
foot tower.Of course I would need another set of guys on it at the 85-88
foot level.If I would have an 80 meter rotatable dipole with 8 square feet
of windload(per M2 specs) and a small tribander at 5 square feet(CC A-3S)
mount the dipole at the top and the TBer 6 feet up,is this a workable deal.I
know 40 meter antennas hate 15 meter antennas on the same mast,is there
trouble with 80 and a tribander.I think I would need torque brackets at
least on the top set of guys.I'm thinking of rotating this with a yaesu 2800
rotor.Does that rotor fit inside rohn 25.Any ideas,I've never handled such a
large antenna,and to all those who respond thanks a bunch.   Gregg  K9KL