Re: [TowerTalk] QUESTION ON WIRE ANTENNA TERMINATIONS

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] QUESTION ON WIRE ANTENNA TERMINATIONS
From: "Mike Brown" <k9mi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 04:46:47 -0000
(snip)

 I'm> thinking I would prefer to have the strength of the insulation passing
> through the insulator versus stripping back 6 - 8" of the insulation and
> running the bare wire through and soldered back on itself, but if I did
> strip, I am assuming the length would be equivalent to that up to the
> center
> of the insulator hole - correct?

If I'm understanding this statement right, you don't plan on soldering the
wire to the coax? At the center insulator, wire has to be touching wire one
way or another. The ends are no big deal, but your feed line has to touch
bare wire. Unless I'm just not reading this correctly. I'm not a balun user,
but same thing, at the feed point metal has to be touching metal at some
point.

73, Mike K9MI