[TowerTalk] Yaesu rotators

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu rotators
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 06:47:19 -0500
A Yaesu G-1000 fit my stock Rohn shelf without drilling any new holes, but that
was in 1995 (a new shelf then).

A trick that takes advantage of the Yaesu mast clamp's centering capabilities -
 Tighten the mast clamp on the mast first, with all the other bolts loose; then
tighten the bolts that hold the clamp to the top of the rotator, using the
index marks on the rotator case to get it centered; finally, tighten the bolts
that hold the rotator to the shelf.  The shelf holes have enough adjusting room
to take up normal amounts of misalignment.

73, Pete N4ZR